Fast start to 2022
As we enter 2022, I want to send my best wishes to you and your family for a happy and healthy new year. With the new legislative session beginning this past Monday, it was my hope that this year would be different from the remote legislative session conducted last year. Unfortunately, it is déjà vu and in response to the current situation, Senate administration put in place the following guidelines for this year’s mostly virtual 60-day session:
- All in-person meetings are suspended. Visitors and members of the public will not be permitted in Senate facilities.
- All members and staff working on campus must have a confirmed negative test before entering Senate facilities.
- Floor action will be conducted in a hybrid format with 8 Democrats and 7 Republicans on the Senate Floor while others participate virtually
- All Committee meetings will be conducted virtually.
- The Senate will reassess this plan at least every two weeks and adjust as conditions allow.
Even though session will once again be conducted in a mostly virtual manner, I believe it is crucial that I hear from you. So, please feel free to contact my office with items of state level concern and, if you have a special area of concern, I’d be glad to schedule a meeting as the calendar allows.